There is a trade-off between duration and practicality! Ideally PicSafe would provide longer videos; however, many factors necessitate smaller videos.
- All videos need to be compressed and encrypted on your device, and this takes time. When devices get more powerful, we will look to increase the limit because we could compress the video more (without loss of quality).
- The longer the video is, the bigger the report file size. Larger file sizes mean:
We obviously want to make PicSafe as quick to use as possible.
- It takes longer to send;
- It uses more data to send;
- It takes longer for the recipient to receive; and
- It uses more data to receive (at the recipient's cost).
- Given more time, users will use it without necessarily adding to the benefit of communicating the intent. Testing has shown that 5-second clips are usually more than enough for demonstrating the desired representation.